Welcome to the X-Project Players' Corner! An outline of what's handy to know and where to find it, whether you're a new player or one of the old school who can't remember where stuff is.
Once you're approved and all signed up, it can be a bit overwhelming. Here's where you can find lots of helpful information!
- The Rules.
- The FAQ. It seems like a lot, but the pages are broken up to avoid Walls of Text.
- Timeline, for a quick reference to Phase 2 history.
- Welcome To X-Project - the intro to XP page that you can share with your friends and get them involved! Includes the Application and Application Checklist.
Reading the Game
- Add the reading comm link to your bookmarks, so you can always find it!
- Player Timezones will show you who is awake at any time!
- What's Your Thang? meme - player s,kills, areas of knowledge, playing preferences, trigger issues, etc.
Random Game Stuff
- Birthdays/Anniversaries for characters. Also available in a handy spreadsheet format for PLAYERS ONLY.
- The glossary, which is helpful in explaining various in-jokes you'll encounter on the mailing list.
- IC Twitter accounts - not compulsory to play, but an amusing sideline.
- Check the latest news and discussions on the the player community (player access only)
- Meme tag - for plot ideas, character discussion, drabbles, fic or cracktastic fun.
- Promote the game using our advertising comm, x_advertising!
- Check out the X-Project Channel on YouTube
- Follow X-Project on Twitter!
- Check out the X-Project Tumblr, for art, plot reblogs, Moments of Awesome and more!
- Mental Health Resources on Tumblr - random bits and pieces designed to help people with their brain health.
- See the game-related player posts on Tumblr!
How to LJ
Communities and Friendslists
(must be logged in for these to be useful!)
Friendslist Spreadsheet - check to see if you're up to date (PLAYERS ONLY)
Tired of logging out, going back to the log in page and logging in with a different journal?
LJLogin is an add-on that works with Firefox to make things much easier.
Account Juggler is the Chrome version.
Not sure if Livejournal is down just for you? Check the Status Page for information on DDoS attacks, maintenance and outages.
There's also the Livejournal Twitter Account for announcements and questions.
Or, if that one's telling fibs, there's downforeeveryone.
A list of all of the places you can find information on specific parts of the game:
- Game Calendar, with upcoming plots, character birthdays, school vacations and activity checks for PLAYERS ONLY.
- Comms - the page which explains the various IC and OOC LJ communities and what to post where.
- x_newscast Tumblr - in conjunction with the in-game news media comm, we have a Tumblr for players to submit larger IC images.
- Friendslist Spreadsheet, to help keep your journal lists up to date, for PLAYERS ONLY.
- Game history from the start of Phase 2, including the events that have transferred over.
- NPCs that have either transferred over or have been introduced in Phase 2
- Villans that have either transferred over or have been introduced in Phase 2
- Villain Spreadsheet for handy access to what the villains who have been reintroduced are up to and who to talk to, for PLAYERS ONLY.
- Sockers - modsocks, sockerlists, and everything you need for your NPC/Villain needs.
- Playing for a student and not American? Here's an explanation of American school grades!
- FAQ on activity levels, how to log and tagging your posts.
- Remove hard returns or >s from your log.
- Disturbing Content Warnings - notes on what to warn for and when.
- Plot Themes - for the commonly-used plot devices.
- The FAQ on plots, what they are, how to submit one, and what's expected.
- Plot Submission Guidelines - what needs to be submitted, what to include, etc.
- Plot Ideas and Discussion on XPP for PLAYERS ONLY.
- Song Title Plot Meme - previous ideas based on song titles, up for grabs.
Food For Thought on Tumblr - random posts, questions, thoughts etc. that might spawn ideas.
Art Resources - commission offers if you want someone to draw your fave, and art tips for those who do their own.
Magic Resources - magic ideas for those playing with that.
- The Wiki Meta section has a number of links, including the Wiki FAQ, Wiki 101 and blank page template/pro formas.
- Request an article or feature.
- See which pages need something done.
- Photoshopper? Check to see which pages need images!
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.
Pages in category "Game Meta"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.