The Dawn of Liberation
|Part 13 of the Genosha Arc - The Dawn of Liberation|
|Dates run:||June 3 - 6, 2012|
|Read the logs:||The Dawn of Liberation|
“You think this is the end, mutant? Let me make you a promise.” The head said, voice now wholly digital. “When I come back, you won’t know until you find yourself standing in a pile of your own dead. And I will come back. I will come back.”
- Lava guns: Artie Maddicks, Marie-Ange Colbert, Vance Astrovik, Warren Worthington, Sharon Smith, Alexander Lexington, Amara Aquilla
- Fungus: Amanda Sefton, Carmilla Black, Nico Minoru, Kurt Sefton, Sarah Morlocke, Callie Betto, Kyle Gibney
- Rotary Cannons/Mini-Guns: Wade Wilson, Scott Summers, David North, Adrienne Frost, Layla Miller, Sarah Vale
- Onboard Tactical Computer: Clarice Ferguson, Doug Ramsey, Theresa Cassidy, Emma Frost, Marie-Ange Colbert, Artie Maddicks, Sharon Smith, Jubilation Lee
- Tail: Angelo Espinosa, Sarah Vale, Matt Murdock, Callisto, Korvus Rook'shir, Jean-Paul Beaubier, Molly Hayes, Wanda Maximoff
- Tentacles: Marius Laverne, Wanda Maximoff, Megan Gwynn, Yvette Petrovic, Jean-Phillipe Colbert, Garrison Kane, Korvus Rook'shir, Laurie Collins
- Chest Armor: Clarice Ferguson, Lorna Dane, Vance Astrovik, Madelyne Pryor, Paige Guthrie, Remy LeBeau
- EMP shield: Megan Gwynn, Laurie Collins, Meggan Szardos, Callisto, Tabitha Smith, Fred Dukes, Amanda Sefton
- Remaining Armor: Theresa Cassidy, David Haller, Jean Grey, Lucas Bishop, Callie Betto, Tabitha Smith
- Trap Displaced Consciousness: Madelyne Pryor, Emma Frost, Jean Gret, David Haller, Layla Miller, Doug Ramsey, Meggan Szardos
- Exoskeleton Internal Structure/Power Core: Sooraya Qadir, Fred Dukes, Warren Worthington, Remy LeBeau, Jubilation Lee, Nico Minoru, Matt Murdock, Angelo Espinosa, John Allerdyce
- Head: Yvette Petrovic, Kurt Sefton, Alexander Lexington, Ororo Munroe, Jean-Phillipe Colbert, Lucas Bishop
Jean's team arrives at the citadel and joins the desperate fight against Thomas Moreau. As Thomas finds out about his brother's death he goes on a rampage as more mutants arrive and join in the fight. Unable to close with the monstrosity the mutants first task is to take out Moreau's heat shields. In a show of teamwork the combatants are able to take out Moreau's lava guns. In order to counter Moreau's ranged attack ability the mutants destroy the missile launchers used by the enraged Moreau. After almost being caught by surprise by Moreau's gas launchers a team is able to safely destroy them. The mutants are forced to deal with an attack poison inhalant and a lichen repair system, as Moreau started to run Remy send the fliers to track him as the combatants followed him to the top of the Citadel. As he reached the top of the Citadel Moreau uses his minigun launchers to lay down suppressive fire on the first mutants to catch up to him leading them to destroy the guns. Spotting a pattern a coordinated attack by a team of mutants leads to the destruction of Moreau's tactical computer. Beating on the slowly diminishing monster a coordinated strike by the mutants is able to sever Moreau's tail. As they drove Moreau back the mutants turn their attention to his tentacles, tangling and eventually destroying them. Frustrated by Moreau's armor the combatants devise a plan to shatter his armour and leave him vulnerable. In anger Moreau unleashed a blast of power that destroyed the top 3 floors of the Citadel believing that he had killed the mutants before they stepped out of their hiding place ready to finish the battle. Another team is able to breach his armor and then starts removing it, leaving him vulnerable. The various psi's gathered with a few others deal with Moreau's conscious spread out in his whole body on the Astral plane. Finally the combatants are able to sever his head and electrocute it, thus ending the existence of Thomas Moreau.
After the fight Kyle and Marius have a talk about shapeshifting and growing new limbs. Amanda seeks out Angelo to give him the news about Rachel personally. Kyle and Dori discuss the events of Genosha and a few very important topics. Meeting the Executives, following the battle and medical attention, several members of Xavier's meet with the remains of the Genoshan Leadership. A speech on the GBC by Interim Speaker Okim Etunfunwa reveals the lies that David Moreau and his brother told the people of Genosha, the raise and fallen heroes who helped saved Genosha from the tyranny, and that peace has come at last to Genosha.
Adrienne and Bishop look for the missing Vanessa and find her in a men's prison, trapped in a male form without memory of who she is.
Adrienne inadvertently gets a reading off North's gun highlighting his drug problem to her. Meggan visits Kurt and finds out about Rachel as the brother and sister mourn together. Angel and Yvette catch up on the plane ride home and make plans for a water fight involving Vance after life returns to normal.
Charles welcomes everyone home and reassures them that help is available to those who need it.
Trivia and Meta
This arc is the X-Project version of the epic canon storyline X-Tinction Agenda.
The events of this plot still occurred in Phase 2, but specifics, such as which characters were involved, remain fuzzy for the purposes of not breaking the world. ;)